Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Less is not more when sending poo to the vet

aislynn99

Cavy Slave
Please, oh please, when you take poo to the vet to have them submit a fecal sample on your cavie, take more than a few pieces! I need more, lots more! Think a heaping tablespoon's worth of poo. Yes, I know that's a lot, but compared to the dog/cat/horse/goat/primate/etc samples I run every night, three small cavie turds is nothing. Each poo sample gets dissolved into a large amount of liquid solution, and is then strained, centrifuged, topped off with more liquid solution and then read. The more poo I have to work with, the better chances I have of actually finding something. Those three tiny pieces dissolve into nothing, and it's like I'm reading a blank sample when I'm shorted on poo, which is both boring and frustrating.

Just something to keep in mind for the future. Many thanks from a very frustrated Vet Tech :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.