Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Aspen Bedding in Kitchener Ontario

kristin25

Cavy Slave
Hey all in Waterloo Region, TSC on Victoria Street/Highway 7 has 4 cubic feet compressed bags of aspen for 11.99 (CDN), versus Petsmart for 19.99! Another reason to not shop at Petsmart!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
$11.99 CAD sounds like very much what I pay for my Aspen. Kiln dried pine would probably run you less, about $7.00 CAD.

kristin25

Cavy Slave
I can't seem to find any pine that is kiln dried in Kitchener. Does anyone know of any?

CavyAnnex

Cavy Slave
The only place that I know which sells kiln dried pine in Kitchener is the new PetCetera at Ottawa and Fischer-Hallman.

It's about $10 for 10 cubic feet (compressed).

The only problem is, you'd be supporting a really crappy store that treats their animals poorly.

kristin25

Cavy Slave
That Petcetera does treat their animals crappy, although even worse is the Super Pet on Fairway! Have you seen the hamsters and mice tripping over eachother on the wire wheels? Never mind the small spaces they have for gps. Thanks for the info about the kiln dried pine. I'll post if I find a more reputable place for you too.

CavyAnnex

Cavy Slave
No I haven't been to the Super Pet. I find those stores so depressing :(

Petcetera absolutely sickens me! I contacted the President of Petcetera regarding they way the store on King St. in Waterloo was treating their animals. The degu's were covered in scabs and the guinea pigs had eyes crusted shut.

I was absolutely livid when I walked out of there.

kristin25

Cavy Slave
Boo. I work near there. It would be so easy to shop there, but these companies run these hideous stores! It's so depressing. That's good that you wrote a letter. I will do the same to superpet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.