Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A slave to my 3 guinea babies for the past 4 years.... but new to this site ;)

rramos

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca and my fiance and I are the proud father and mother of two chubby short haired male g.p. and one beautiful girl g.p.

The eldest is Tiny Dancer, who we rescued from a Craigslist post in 2008. The previous owner brought him for her children, but after a while, he became their burden and Lord knows how long he was listed before we brought him. I must say he has been the best purchase I ever made. :love:

The middle child is Peppy la Pew, of obvious reasons.... just kidding Peppy (now he is giving me the stare down). My sister actually got him as a gift from her boyfriend in 2009 but once they broke up, he was no longer wanted. So we rescued him from her, and yes I mean rescue. He has his strong personality, only letting me pet him in his cage without running away this past year, but he is a sweetie pie. :love:

My baby girl... what to say about my baby girl. Her name is Blonde and we got her in 2009 also. She was sitting in a cage at a flea market with pigeons alone a afraid. The only reason she was there was because the inexperienced seller thought she was a he. I brought her immediately and she is as neat as can be-literally. The boys poop and pee where they like, but she designates one corner to make it easier on her mommy for clean up. lol:love:

We have dealt with the passing of two of my children, may Spiral and Koala rest in peace in Guinea Heaven. They were rescues from PetSmart (and yes, I mean rescues) both passing one day apart from each other at too young an age. You never truly get over the passing of your babies, but when Tiny Dancer notices us getting sad, he rumbles like a helicopter into our hearts, making himself flat as a pancake in his cage and putting a smile back on our faces.

I would love to meet other guinea owners and hear about other guinea pig personalities. :D
Blonde in her play bin while mommy cleans up her room.
Tiny Dancer watching T.V.
Peppy la Pew enjoying some sunlight.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are adorable and I LOVE the name Tiny Dancer.... as in Elton John? Too cute.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
They are so cute! I have 4 boys and I call them "mama's little dumplings". Huey is the sweetest little guy, he's a real snuggler and gives kisses. Roger is our mighty explorer who has no fear and also believes the world is his toilet! Sheldon is our tense little man(but he's starting to relax) he's the oldest 3-4 years old. He lived all his life in a tiny cage and was never given a name:(. He never made any noises for the longest time(we rescued him in November) but just the other day he was chirping like a little songbird:love:! Then there is our youngest, Winston, he is so silly! He instantly goes to sleep during lap time and he twists his bottom half so his belly is showing!

rramos

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your warm responses! :)

Attachments

12631_201361504779_812294779_2795197_6054016_n.jpg
Last edited:

rramos

Cavy Slave
Thank you again.

rramos

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are adorable and I LOVE the name Tiny Dancer.... as in Elton John? Too cute.

Yup, that is our song. The first day I got him he was really dirty. So I put him in a blue bowl to wash his bottom and he started to saw his hips back and forth, like a little dance. Thus, Tiny Dancer.
View attachment 20633
My first day with him:love:

rramos

Cavy Slave
They are so cute! I have 4 boys and I call them "mama's little dumplings". Huey is the sweetest little guy, he's a real snuggler and gives kisses. Roger is our mighty explorer who has no fear and also believes the world is his toilet! Sheldon is our tense little man(but he's starting to relax) he's the oldest 3-4 years old. He lived all his life in a tiny cage and was never given a name:(. He never made any noises for the longest time(we rescued him in November) but just the other day he was chirping like a little songbird:love:! Then there is our youngest, Winston, he is so silly! He instantly goes to sleep during lap time and he twists his bottom half so his belly is showing!

Tiny Dancer LOVES to give kisses and nibble on my nose when I lay down and put him on my chest. Winston sounds adorable. Tiny Dancer likes to plop on his side and stick his leg out once lap time comes. He just sits there and watches television, occasionally looking up to ask "where's the snacks?!" :D

pinky

Cavy Slave
Yup, that is our song. The first day I got him he was really dirty. So I put him in a blue bowl to wash his bottom and he started to saw his hips back and forth, like a little dance. Thus, Tiny Dancer.
View attachment 20633
My first day with him:love:

That has got to be one of the cutest photos I've ever seen!

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
He must have been wriggling because he was so happy to be clean. Aww, cutie pie!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.