Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Loft liner complete, they love it!

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
So I just finished the piggies new comic book themed upper loft area liner. They love it. They are staying up there more than the lower and normally love the lower level. Now i have to do the lower liner and cover the ramps with cordinating cloth and ill be done. Anyone have any good ideas for a liner with a 12" cloroplast backing and 6" sides? I tried to convince my husband to trim the back down to match the sides to make it easier but he wants it to stay high so it catches stray hay.They are on a desk so it would get stuck between the desk and wall if hay did fall down.I understand his wanting that but it would be so much easier to stich with even sides. Any tips are as always appriciated!

OverunByPiggies

Cavy Slave
Do you have a pic?

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
When my phone charges ill take a pic of the lower level now aand the complete loft.

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
My husband let me shorten the back. So i just did the same pattern as the upper level just bigger. I even made them a new cloth hay rack. Im gonna post a pic later.

OverunByPiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm really curious to see the cloth hay sack. I also make the pads for my little guys and I'm sure that would be something handy to make. Congrats on talking your husband into letting you cut it down. You: 1 Him: 0.

I hope this post makes sense. It's the first on I've don't on my iPhone.

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
IMAG0152-1.jpg

IMAG0153-1.jpg

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
The hay rack just ties onto the grids with the red ribbon. I think they love it more than the new liner. Oh and ignore the beer box...husbands lol

SpazNMeos momma

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc yea my 12" backing fit fine, i wonder if i measured incorrectly. lol

Travelingirl916

Cavy Slave
That looks really neat! Can you post instructions on how to make the hay holder?

Travelingirl916

Cavy Slave
Could you please share how to make the hay holders. I ordered some custom ones from Jens Custom Crafts, but they will take several months to arrive. I would really appreciate if you could post some directions for me to make them so I can have some until then. I would also like to sew some for the rescue Orange County Cavy Haven.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.