Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What fabric should I use for a cuddle cup and cozy?

betty

Cavy Slave
I am going to make a cuddle cup and cozy this weekend and will use fleece for the part that is in contact with the pig. What fabric should I use for the outside of the cuddle cup? Would flannel work?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Flannel or cotton will work for the outside part. Are you using it on fleece bedding or shavings? If other parts of your cage is shavings, smooth cotton fabric might work better than flannel.

Earausch

Cavy Slave
You can use Fleece on the outside of the cuddle cup as well, Flannel could work, hopefully someone who has made cuddle cups will chime in.

_klakla_

Cavy Slave
I suggest you to use fleece on the outside of the cuddle cup because if you put the cuddle cup in the cage and your puppy pees it, the fleece will absorb better the pee and the cuddle cup will stay dry longer than using cotton or flannel :)

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I make lots of cuddle cups and sacks.

A 100% cotton/flannel on the outside, quilters batting in the middle and fleece on the inside.

Flannel is best in cages that do not use lose bedding, while smooth cotton is better for cages with lose bedding. Either are perfect for cages with fleece.

When I make testing bedding I use broadcloth, its super cheap but make sure its 100% cotton. Oh and it only (or so I've only found it) in solid colors but its easy to find matching fleece for it.

If you need any help message me :D I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.