Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My new cube cage

R

rdwick

My new cube cage

I got the cube things to make a cage and I already put it together but I don't have the coroplast yet. I'm not sure where I can get it here but I'm looking. Is there anything that can be used instead of coroplast and is collapsable. I like the coroplast idea but I would like something that could be easily taken apart and moved. I read where someone had used lenolium and that sounds like it would work well if i cut it and folded it up in the same shape as the coroplast. Is there any reason not to use this and is it a lot more expensive? I've never bought lenolium before.

Attachments

photo (2).jpg photo (1).jpg photo.jpg

Treen

Cavy Slave
Re: My new cube cage

The main problem with lino to me, is that it is easier and more satisfying for the piggers to chew in to - and dangerous for them to eat. But you could use report binders around the top to make sure your pigger can't chew it. I don't think it's generally quite as strong either so the sides won't be as solid. But people have used it effectively so it's definitely an alternative if you can't get the coroplast. Just make sure you get the thickest lino you can to try and counter the problems you might have. And I don't think it will be very expensive at all - lino is generally pretty cheap. Especially as you don't need any fancy deisgned patterns to keep pigs happy!

Good luck finding the coroplast if you can - you've seen this page haven't you - with the sources on www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm .

Treen
(broken link removed)

Attachments

Depot Pig(edit).jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.