Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Pretty themed cages?

Squint96

Cavy Slave
I am redoing my room soon (hopefully) and I want to make my piggies cage fit in. I am trying to find a way to make a prelly pretty cage; maybe plexiglass instead of cubes or something? Storage is also an issue, and I am trying to build shelves for under the cage. Any ideas? My room will be mostly pink, and I don't want my pigs to feel left out :) Feel free to comment or post pictures of any ideas you have! Thanks :)

I don't have any experience with plexiglass in cages, but I have read several threads on other forums where people who do have it complain of it getting scratched and looking cloudy. There may be different grades of plexiglass -- you could check with a home improvement store and see if they have suggestions.

But, in case you didn't know, you can buy different colors of grids. Whitmor makes pink ones, and other companies may as well.

You'll have to check to make sure that the spaces between the grids are small enough. Sometimes boxes of grids come with some with 8x8 holes and others with 9x9 holes. You could use the ones with the fewer holes to created your storage shelves under the cage, and the ones with 9x9 for the cage itself.

That's great! I didn't know the cubes came in colors other than white, black, and rainbow! Thanks!

Have you checked out all the pictures of cages on here? There are tons of awesome ideas you can get from browsing through them!

i wouldn't make it out of plexiglas for circulation reasons

I have storage bin/storage drawer things holding up my cage! Sorry I don't really know how to explain them. They work really well and they can hold a lot of things! You can probably get them at target or ikea. I got them from my moms work.

Here's a picture! Sorry it's sideways, when I upload pictures from my phone they are always like that!
Pretty themed cages?

It also gives me a lot of storage underneath which is great for all my stuff that can't fit into drawers!

Hope I could help!

I will try to upload some pictures of my guiena pigs cage soon but i have like a jungle theme and a birthday theme also got a ocean theme
i use these themes for special occasions but most of the time i use different accessories at different times (hoped that made sense)

I am the same way! I like my cage to look decorative and nice. I have a name plate for each of my guinea pigs that I made and put on the cage, I also have a hanging sign that says "Spoiled Guinea Pigs Live Here" I think they make the cage look nice! You could try something like that. I can get you pictures tomorrow.

I have storage bin/storage drawer things holding up my cage! Sorry I don't really know how to explain them. They work really well and they can hold a lot of things! You can probably get them at target or ikea. I got them from my moms work.

Here's a picture! Sorry it's sideways, when I upload pictures from my phone they are always like that!
View attachment 15257

It also gives me a lot of storage underneath which is great for all my stuff that can't fit into drawers!

Hope I could help!

This is actually what I was referring to when I was talking about the cage pics, I found yours last night and started brainstorming more great ideas! I love it! :) You can get those at Meijer, Walmart, Kmart, or any other store like that.

When you said "pink". I thought of these cages:

Pretty themed cages?

Pretty themed cages?

Pretty themed cages?

For storage. You can build grids under the cage.
This cage is also a good sample of themed cage. You can change all your fabrics and storage boxes to pink :)

Pretty themed cages?

Too add more storage space, you can make the storage 2 levels.
Pretty themed cages?

Wow thanks fo rall the posts, they were all great ideas!! :) Last night I was talking to my parents about maybe attaching the cage to my wall (it would be anchored in so that it is strong enough to hold it up safely). I think both cages would be on seperate walls, coming together at the corner with two grids in common, because they are seperated due to extensive chasing, but if they can work things out they would have a big L. If I can safely attch thier cages onto my wall off the ground would that be ok? They would only be around 3 feet off the ground, and then I could fit a nice stroage unit or something under them. What do you all think?

Thanks so much for all the ideas and pictures, I really appreciate them!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.