Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Can cat fleas spread to gpigs?

gatsbygirl

Cavy Slave
I have noticed red bites on me and after brushing my cat several times i found one flea. They have had them in the past i thought i had gotten rid of them. I have rats and guinea pigs as well. Does anyone know if they will spread to them and if so can i use revelotion and if yes what dosages would i give and would the cat revolution for 5-15lbs be ok to use on the rats/guinea pigs?If not what treatment is best for the small animals?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Yes, cat fleas will get on your guinea pig. Revolution will work fine, but don't use a whole cat dose. Search on Guinea Lynx and the dosage info will be there.

gatsbygirl

Cavy Slave
OK so i just looked and its very hard to understand does anyone have expirience using revolution on guinea pigs and if so how much did you use. I have heard just to use a drop on my rats, would it be something like 2 drops for the guinea pigs?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You really need to figure out the dosage information. Too much of a drug can be deadly, too little is a waste of money.

How much do your pigs weigh? Is the concentration of the Revolution 60 or 120?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.