Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Opinions on this cage?

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
In a couple years, my parents are allowing me to get 2 more piggies when I have a job and am more responsible. I am considering adoption.

(Link removed by Mod. Cages on ebay may NOT be linked here.)

I know it would be cheaper to build my own.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtm88781

Cavy Slave
I think it is good, and meets minimum standards for TWO piggies. Any more, and you would have to increase the size. Although, more space is better, so if you have the room to make it bigger, go for it :)))

LostInLife

Cavy Slave
Its a nice cage for 2 guineas. But, its $57.00, my cage is going to be two 2x4's along with a 2x7. And it will cost about $80.00 for me to buy all the grids for it. So I don't know if that cage is a good deal. It might be. :) If you like it, go for it.
Oh, and did you mean to say a couple of years, or a couple of months? Because I don't think that cage will still be there in a couple of years. :)

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Well in a couple years, there could be a cage simliar or bigger !

lissie

Cavy Slave
Since you already have grids. You can make modifications to your existing cage. Why pay for a new one?

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
There will still be coro and cubes in some years. Maybe then you would want a bigger one. Or a different design.
And yes it's cheaper to make it yourself. Why not wait until you are sure you are getting piggies?
I'm glad you consider adopting :)

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Since you already have grids. You can make modifications to your existing cage. Why pay for a new one?
So you don't know? All 3 of my piggies passed away(We think from the same thing Carly caught when she died on 3-30-10). And because we just moved, we didn't keep the grids.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
There will still be coro and cubes in some years. Maybe then you would want a bigger one. Or a different design.
And yes it's cheaper to make it yourself. Why not wait until you are sure you are getting piggies?
I'm glad you consider adopting :)
I am too. But its only if my parents agree to go with me(Or at least my Dad) to go adopt a piggy because our HS requires someone 18 or older to sign the contract :p

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
So if they don't help you adopt, you are going to buy more from a pet store? Is that what you mean?

What if something happens and you lose or have to quit your job? Are they going to take over paying for vet bills and appropriate feed? Because wasn't that the issue last time and led to your pigs' neglect?

If you are going to order a cage online then you should buy from Sue off this site. Many ebay sellers are now using unsafe grids for their cages even if the ad photos picture the safe ones.

lissie

Cavy Slave
So you don't know? All 3 of my piggies passed away(We think from the same thing Carly caught when she died on 3-30-10). And because we just moved, we didn't keep the grids.

Yes, I read that you lost all your pigs and I'm sorry. I didn't expect you to toss out all your grids.

Couple years is a long way from now, why not wait and see if you're ready for more pigs then? And please make sure you are really ready before deciding to adopt.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.