Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Should I take off the kitchen area

guineapigmomy

Cavy Slave
My cage is a 2X4 with a 1X2 kitchen area. The downstairs level looks small to me and I have just redid all there cages and spent over $150.:( What I could do is take off the upper level coropplast and duck tape it to the 2X4 peice, and that would make is a 2X5 peice or coroplast. Then I would put the hay rack downstairs. So my question is should I do this or leave my cage the way it is?

I have 3 2X4 cages and 2 females in one, 1 female and 1 nutured male in another, and 1 guinea pig (adopting another piggy next month, and she did have a friend but she died 2 months ago:weepy:) in another. The reason they are split up is becase they all hate eachother for some reason and will literally fight untill they hurt eachother (bleading hurt).

So what should I do for the cage size?

I would take out the kitchen and make the bottom floor bigger.

If I've understood this right, your 1x2 is an upper level, right? So I would do what you suggest and make it a 2x5. That way they won't have the ramp taking up floor space.

yes, sorry for the confusion:crazy:

I think the piggies would like more space and no ramp!!:D

I had the same set up and within the first week brought the kitchen down and made it all one level. They like it better and it's much easier to clean.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.