Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bungee Cords to close cage

melinda

Cavy Slave
Are bungee cords okay to use for holding the doors closed or will they eat them?

Are bungee cords okay to use for holding the doors closed or will they eat them?

Guess it depends on where they're located. Piggies like to try to chew on just about anything they can reach.

Are you trying to keep it closed to prevent another animal like a dog from being able to flip it open? If so I'd recommend something non-stretchable anyhow. I've always used carabiner clips, which are cheap, piggie-proof and widely available.

Are you trying to keep it closed to prevent another animal like a dog from being able to flip it open? If so I'd recommend something non-stretchable anyhow. I've always used carabiner clips, which are cheap, piggie-proof and widely available.

I got a mini carabiner from Home Depot and it is too small. I will get bigger ones. Thanks for the advice, I am off to outfit the pig habitat with the kiddos!

Oh and yes, we have two cats that we need to keep the piggies safe from. Thanks for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.