Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Shinku and Suigin-tou need a cage...

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Please don't jump over my throat, ok? It's a genuine question and it's not my fault.
So Shinku, the baby piggie I adopted has malformations in one of her front and back paws. She is able to move around and she has managed (once) to climb over the hidey. I can see it's a big effort for her to move around.
She is in a small cage, and so is Suigin-tou, in a different one, because she's being quarantined.
I would like to make a cage that makes it easier for Shinku to move around and get to the food, water and so on.
I will build their cage the same way as the boys' cage, with wood, so they are protected from the cats.
Also I would like to know if I can put their cage near the boys' cage, or will my boars start fighting if they smell the girls?

They do not have a bigger cage yet because I was not planning to get females, but it was rescuing them or letting them die. I chose to take them.

Some boars fight when they smell females, some don't. You'd have to try it to see how yours react. But you have to make sure the males cages are VERY secure to keep them from getting to the females if they're near eachother.

But, is there something I can do to make it easier for her to move around?
I think she will end up being fat if I put food always near the hideis and so on. Don't you think? She has already put on a lot of weight!

I think it is not entirely bad if it's a big effort for her to move around--
she should make the effort. It will develop a set of muscles that probably
are not the ordinary running ones. Over time it will get easier for her to get to the food. If you put it too accessible, where she doesn't have to move much, she will become sedentary.

I wouldn't want to let the boars smell the sows because it might drive them wild with frustration, even if you cage them in securely.

So I should keep them in another room?
Does it have to be very far from them?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.