Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the Forum

LeAnne_

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm new to the Forum.
I have 4 pigs.
Skinny - 1 year old, he is a smooth haired pig that my boyfriend got for me.
Mouse - 1 year old, she is smooth haired with a rosette on the top of her head. Skinny and Mouse are soulmates but can't live together! I'm thinking about neutering Skinny, I've talked with a vet and a rescue about it, if any one has any comments about that. Skinny doesn't get along with other boy pigs and he's VERY lonely!
Man Bear Pig - Is a teddy pig about 1 and 1/2 years old. I got Man Bear Pig from a lady who had kept him with a rabbit. He also doesn't get along with other male pigs, and I was thinking about neutering him too (comments).
Feral Swine - is another teddy pig, about 4 months old.

Daisysmom

Cavy Slave
Welcome, thye are all so cute. No advice on the neutering, hope someone can help you!!

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!! your pigs are so very cute!!!!! Sorry, I have no advice on the neutering either.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs are adorable! What kind of cage do they have? Have you thought about C&C cages?

Read THIS page about neutering. Hopefully some members who's pig(s) have been through neutering will be able to help you.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!

I see you have a pet store cage in one of the photos. If the boys didn't get along it may have been because they had insufficient space. If introduced on neutral territory and given ample amount of space males can usually get along just fine.

LeAnne_

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!

I see you have a pet store cage in one of the photos. If the boys didn't get along it may have been because they had insufficient space. If introduced on neutral territory and given ample amount of space males can usually get along just fine.

I actually found this site while researching C and C cages :eek:ptimist:

Yes we actually tried to introduce them in neutral territory, actually in the kiddie pool playpen. I thoroughly disinfected and cleaned it so there wouldn't be any lingering smells, then put fresh bedding and hay down. There was a lot of teeth chattering and they were actually biting each other! I tried it a few times, I think maybe because there are females around and they can smell them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.