Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

3 New Boars

thecrazycatlady

Cavy Slave
Just brought my trio home (no names yet, I want to see their personalities first), but haven't gotten to set the cage up the way I want it yet, since I have to go to work soon, but I will post pictures as soon as I do. They are a little skittish from the car ride and the new faces and such, but 2 of the 3 are eating very well. Question though- one of them is pretty skinny and his fur is really scraggly and he hasn't eaten anything since we got to my house. I can understand him not eating right now if he's nervous, but any tips on how to get him to eat? The lady we got him from has a theory that maybe the other two have been hogging the food, so I'm planning on keeping them in seperate cages for awhile. Any other tips?

UPDATE: 3 hours after I posted this, I came home from work to find the skinny sickly guinea pig dead :weepy:. So now I am in even more of a rush to find a good nearby cavy vet so that I can have the other 2 looked at and make sure that whatever the other one (we named him Bones) had wasn't contagious.

I'm so sorry! I hope the other two will be okay.

I am so sorry!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.