Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Covers What is that wire roof?

They are closet shelves. You can buy them from hardware/home improvement stores.
Do you have cats or dogs? You don't really need a lid if you don't have other pets or kids that could harm the pigs.

We do have cat and dog, so want to make safe as possible.

Yup, it's closet shelving, easily found at hardware stores in North America, not sure if they would have it where you are but I would guess it's a worldwide thing. The hardware store will cut it to the right length for you.

It's usually slightly wider than a grid's 14", and that comes in handy, because the overhang keeps the lid from being able to drop into the cage. I have 3 dogs here that are around 50 lb. apiece, and before putting the pigs in it, I tested it by having them stand on it. With enough cable ties that was no problem.

Yup, it's closet shelving, easily found at hardware stores in North America, not sure if they would have it where you are but I would guess it's a worldwide thing. The hardware store will cut it to the right length for you.

It's usually slightly wider than a grid's 14", and that comes in handy, because the overhang keeps the lid from being able to drop into the cage. I have 3 dogs here that are around 50 lb. apiece, and before putting the pigs in it, I tested it by having them stand on it. With enough cable ties that was no problem.

Thanks you! I believe if not exact same, hardware store have something very similar.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.