Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage problem

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Okay, before anyone kills me for this, it's truly my mom's fault. Well, my guinea pig cage is a 3x2 (which is the smallest for one pig), my cage is but, it is split down the middle. For those of you who are confused a 1.5x2 for each pig!! My mom made me split up Rodney and Chip because they bit each others nose :( She said "It is already big enough!" It is WAY, WAY too small now. I've tried begging a MILLION times, but the answer is always no. Can somebody inform me on what to do!?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I think that's about all I can do. I'll take them out of the cage, and just watch. Maybe when my mom is at work tomorrow, I'll try a buddy bath :p

That's what I was just thinking, my mom says no to that too!! She says: "the only way to get more room is to wait til' one of them dies!" Isn't that awful!!??

Maybe your mum is thinking in advance and dosen't want any vet bills?
If you really must have them apart, can you go up 1 more level ?
Better still, next time your on this website, get your mum to have a look at some
of the gallery pictures to show her what size they should have....

A 2 by 3 for 2 boars is too small. They need more space, not less. By pet store cage standards, it's enough space, but in reality it isn't.

I would just give them extra floor time when you can. And try the buddy bath. I understand yes your cage is too small for boars but at least some extra floor time will give them the excerise they need. Sorry to hear your mum wont listen. Maybe try to raise the money yourself to expand the cage? If that is possible. I am not sure how old you are or if the money is even an issue with building it bigger. Other then that do the best you can. Try to catch her on a good day. Maybe even print out or write up a reason why the cage needs to be bigger. Sometimes that helps.
Good luck

Thanks everyone!!

I agree-I paid over $150 to get the supplies for my cage, researched where to get coroplast and grids, and printed out maps for my mom to drive me to the two places I needed to get to. I paid for everything, did all the work myself, rearranged the furniture in my basement living room with her permission, etc. It worked out in the end.

mn, Im exactly the same as you. I paid for everything, I gave up my room etc etc

Good luck with the introductions

Same for me too. I paid for everything. Ihad to move the furniture in the room. Try showing your mom some pictures of other cages. Maybe that would help. I hope it works out!

mncavylover said:
I agree-I paid over $150 to get the supplies for my cage, researched where to get coroplast and grids, and printed out maps for my mom to drive me to the two places I needed to get to. I paid for everything, did all the work myself, rearranged the furniture in my basement living room with her permission, etc. It worked out in the end.
I can pay for it, but, my mom says that there i not enough room. I want to put them in my room but, my room is always cold and I am never in my room except for sleeping.

Piglet said:
mn, Im exactly the same as you. I paid for everything, I gave up my room etc etc

Good luck with the introductions
Thanks Piglet :)

cant you build another 2x3 cage and just stack one on top of the other?

uthoria said:
cant you build another 2x3 cage and just stack one on top of the other?
Hmmm, maybe. Good idea!

I honestly think one bite is nothing to worry about. They obivously just had an argument over something and it got a little out of hand. Tell you mum that they are your guinea pigs and it is better for them to be together than seperate!

Oh and I don't think having a 2X3 ontop of another is such a good idea. The pig in the bottom cage will be in darkness 24/7!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.