Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Finished cage!

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Today I when into town and get coroplast and we were scoring it so we could fold it and the we cut through it!:eek:hmy:I was so sad I though it wasnt going to work! But we built it. And I am so happy getting new piggie tommorow!!!!!! So exited. Oh and I made a cozie and another hidey because I thought I should put in a few more hideys so...

I'll post pics later!

Milkingit

Cavy Slave
If need be you can tape where you cut with duct tape, on the inside and outside, you can even get duct tape in colours to match your coroplast.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
If need be you can tape where you cut with duct tape, on the inside and outside, you can even get duct tape in colours to match your coroplast.

I did because I was afraid if I used loose bedding that it would fall through. and ufortunatly like the grids they olny had white>( But I was thinking I would put stickers on the outside!

Toadies

Cavy Slave
A good quality postal package tape (clear) will also do the trick. Do use it on the outside of the cage. You could also run a small bead of bathroom caulk along the cut on the inside, after you have the coroplast in place. If you don't make it a large, thick bead the piggies won't be able to get to it. There are low odor varieties of caulk for wet places available but you still need to let it air out awhile.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
I did the exact same thing a few days ago. Today 2nd time round with my brothers help i got the coroplast into the cage. All i can say is thank goodness the coroplast was free. It's not super looking but at least the piggies can no longer dig under the fleece . Phew.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Must be an unlucky week for coroplast. We finally got ours. We had to drive a long way to get it and it only came in white. Oh well. AND we also cut through it. I used clear postal tape on the one spot. It was a lot of work though ! Whew ! Luckily my husband was very helpful.. actually he did most of the work. The girls love it. I got some white clips to secure the fleece to the ends where they have hay and the opposite end, where they poop. The rest is just flat as they do not burrow.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
my little dude wont use his litter box but he only goes to the bathroom where his food bowl is he has been underneath the fleece though!

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
my little dude wont use his litter box but he only goes to the bathroom where his food bowl is he has been underneath the fleece though!

Put the dish in the litter? Or the litter where the dish is?

I think litter is about trying to catch the most not really about teaching the pigs to go else where.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
That's how i got my girls trained. I found an extra large baking tray in the euro store,filled it with carefresh,placed the hay rack next to it and put the pellet bowl inside the tin also. (veggie bowl on the outside). Now they poop and pee inside the tin.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I put grass in the litter box as grass and lettuce are his fav food.

I think his fav color is green!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.