Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New From Canada

GeeRome

Cavy Slave
Oh, I just can't hold back any longer!

I don't even have my piggy in my arms yet, she is arriving in roughly 3.5 hours.

I don't know much about her, other than her name is Beatrice and she is "dark orange and it looks like she is wearing a skirt".

Beatrice will be my first guinea pig. I have been craving one (or more!) for a while now, just waiting for the right opportunity to come up. A great scenario presented itself to me this past weekend, when I learned of a friend's sister moving out of town and having to rehome some of her pets. Beatrice the guinea pig was relegated to the "free to a good home" pile. Poor dear! If a home wasn't found for her, then she was going to be donated to a local elementary school as a classroom pet. Now, I am sure there are a lot of wonderful, responsible children out there, but I just don't like the idea of a classroom pet of any sort.

So Beatrice is coming to live with me! She's packing her bags and heading over this evening. As I understand it, she is bringing a cage (likely much too small, will have to work on remedying that soon), cage accessories, and some left over food.

I've been reading this site and many others, brushing up on my knowledge on how to care for the little fluff. I think I have the basics down, but will surely have questions to ask all of you as well!

Will definitely post pictures as soon as I can! I already blog extensively about my two Shelties (and their various adventures through obedience, rally-o, agility, flyball, herding, tracking, and therapy dog ... including positive training, canine epilepsy, and raw feeding) so little Beatrice will have to eke out a place of her own on the Sheltie blog! I'm sure she will fit right in!

Looking forward to chatting with you all! And hoping for some patience as I am sure I will have be "stupid questions" aplenty.

Welcome! I'm glad you are providing her with a new home. Start looking for a friend to adopt for her too. Just ask if you have any questions!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.