Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My babies are finally home!

3piggymomma

Cavy Slave
I am sure many of you have seen me around the forum for the last month or so, but today was the day I went to pick up my piggies. I adopted two girls, a mother and daughter bonded pair, from a local rescue. They slept the entire way home but once they got into their cage (2x4 C&C) they went wild! I have a pigloo, cuddle cup, crinkle tunnel, and a cube-like bed for them. Bella made a mad dash for the pigloo and that seems to be her favorite place. Lexi perfers the tunnel, and she was a bit less than happy with me when I had to take it out of the cage tonight to clean poo out of it. They are very good eaters and will eat anything. I have offered them a variety of fruits and veggies, all of which they have liked so far. They are absolutely terrified of me, though. I feel bad because everytime I put my hand in the cage they freak out and hide. I tried to pick them up but they kept running away so I figured I'd give them a break for a few days until they are a bit more used to me. Bella finally let me pet her but that's as far as they have gotten so far. They're scared of my camera too, and I have only been able to get one good picture of each of them so far, but I don't want to traumatize them with it either! Lexi is definitely the talkative one, but they both started wheeking like no tomorrow when they heard me open their bag of food! I have sat here most of the night just watching them; it is so much fun to see how they interact with each other. One will nudge the other's butt if she is in her way, and I saw them sharing a piece of zucchini, and fighting over a piece of parsley. They are just too precious; I hope they warm up to me soon. My fiance' said it took about a week for her boys to get used to her, and Cody is still very skittish. So we will see. I love them so much though :) (Pics in gallery)

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
Aw, they are adorable!
Congrats on your new additions!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.