Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Her nipples are growing?

ShainaBee

Cavy Slave
When i first got her, you couldn't see her nipples through her long hair, now when she lays on her side - her nipples show.

I have noticed her nipples getting longer. I do have one female that has had a litter before I got her, and Butter nipples are starting to look like that now.

Do their nipples change before they have their pups?
Is this a sign?

She was previously housed with males before i got her.

If she was previously housed with males then it is more than likely she is pregnant. Weigh her every day if you can, rapid weight gain is a good indicator and you may want to take her to the vet. How long have you had her?

I've only had her two weeks.
She gained half an ounce in a week.

I don't know if that's a lot or not.

She's been to the vet. he said he didn't feel anything but it might be too early.

If she was with males before she is probably pregnant. I dont think they can just start growing those whenever they want! I hope it works out!

Haha, I know that. I just didn't know if they do that at a certain age or only during pregnancy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.