Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Need help with cage

kaaayemm7

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm Katelyn last August I got two male guinea pigs (Midnight and Nutty). I want to build a grid cage but for the bottem keep the litter pan I have now. I want to have atleast two stories. The cage I have is kinda small for my piggies and I have a large wood hidey house, two food bowls, two water bottles, and toys. I don't know the exact measurements of the cage. What do I make the ramp of? Do I need chloroplast to line the outside of the litter pan? How would I open my grid cage? How would I open the bottom to take the pan out and clean it? How many grids and connecters would I need for a cage that is 30"? I can send pictures of my cage now if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaaayemm7

Cavy Slave
Can anyone help me?

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Unless you have other animals to worry about possibly getting into your cage there isn't really a need to make a lid. If you do need to make a lid, you can use things like zip ties on one side to make a hinge and binder clips on the otehr to clamp it shut.

As for a pan, there isn't really a need for that either. With coroplast, a sheet makes the bottom and the sides. Also, if you are using a pan from a previos cage, it wouldn't make a big enough space anyway, because all pet store cages are too small for guinea pigs. The minimum size that should be used for one pig is a 2x3 grid cage or 28 inches x 42 inches.

If you haven't seen this yet, take a look at it. it may help you see how c&c cages work. (broken link removed)

kaaayemm7

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.