Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggy eats the rug during floor time!

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
I had this brilliant plan for our new apartment where i bought machine-washable carpet runners for floor time (since my Fozzie eats (like, chews and swallows) everything and a sheet or shower curtain wouldn't last five minutes) - but she's eating those, too!! The pigs can't run around on bare floor; I wish I could talk to her and explain that she's preventing her own floor time! Anyone have any other ideas?

Does she eat towels or fleece?

Yes! Everything! But luckily she's just noticed that there are better things to eat around there; I started to keep the area stocked with paper and cardboard goodies - that may take care of the problem. Meanwhile, I have to line the outside of the cage with wood as well as the inside because she's eating the coroplast!

what about a piece of linoleum

Wouldn't that be too slippery to run on?

How does she eat the fleece? Have you actually tried it? Like if the corners are out of reach and everything? I bet if you had hay all over she could care less.

She eats right through the middle of any fabric - including your t-shirt if you're holding her. She actually prefers eating tasteless things that are bad for her (not kidding - coroplast, plastic, rubber) to hay! (No, I didn't feed her these things on purpose - I've tried to use these as floor time barriers) Luckily, I discovered that available cardboard distracts her from the carpet. (Sigh) Lots of roughage for my piggie.

Haha! Guineas are crazy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.