Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Lid/top

Oliver27

Cavy Slave
Are there Chrome shelves that I can use instead of the white ones from lowes?

I have been searching for cubes and I have found some really nice chrome ones from Costco. (They look a lot nicer than the other brands that come in color, i.e. black/white/multicolor, and they are a lot stronger). So I need to find a shelf of some kind or anything that can be used as a lid/top for my cage and it has to be CHROME! I want to match them, and then it will look awesome and sleek!

thank you for any help that you can give!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
You could just build the top out of the cubes and use a PVC pipe for support.

Oliver27

Cavy Slave
ya, i guess that would work, i was planning on doing that if i couldnt find a chrome shelf as a lid

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
You could always get the white shelves as the lid...then buy some Silver netted fabric and make a sleeve like thing to cover the white shelf. It could work if your piggies aren't chewers, and you are up for the challenge of sewing a cover.

pennick

Cavy Slave
cant you just spray paint it metalic silver. If its a cover and the piggies cant get to it then there shouldn't be any problem.

kalrik

Cavy Slave
I dont know if Organized Living is just a thing in my area, but they have chrome shelving. They cut it and it comes in all different sizes. The PVC support thing is a good idea.

reptilegrrl

Cavy Slave
If your piggies, chew, chrome is dangerous. It is toxic if ingested.

Oliver27

Cavy Slave
Well, its not chrome plated, (I didnt paint it chrome). The grids are made out of chrome metal (its all metal, not paint). I cant even scratch the thing with pliers or even a knife. and besides, the pigs dont even bother chewing on the gate.(even if they did, it wouldnt hurt because they wouldnt be able to chip off anything) And its really strong and actually safer then the colored grids that are black and white. Those are painted, and underneath the paint is a metal. Well anyways, my grids arent toxic and Guinea Pigs dont even bother chewing on the grids anyways.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.