Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Those squeaks sure get to me

phantac

Cavy Slave
Every time they hear me start chopping food in the kitchen they start with their loud shrills. Can be very unnerving at times. I feel so bad that its not vegie time that I usually cheat and bring them a small piece of carat. Today I was cooking some items for the week and they were constantly wheeking cause they can her me chopping and going in the frig. The first time I gave them a piece of carat which made them happy but upon my return to the kitchen and the constant food preparation they heard they continued to wheek. Dont you just want to smack them at times? Of course I dont, i just went to their cage and talked to them and pet them. As much as I love when they wheek especially when I come home from work and they want their vegies I can do without it at other times, makes me feel bad. What are your thoughts on this?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I do like their wheeking, and find it adorable when they climb the cage sides and wheek. Its one of my favourite piggy sounds! Just shut the kitchen door and the door of the room that the pigs are in!

I love it - it always makes me laugh that whenever they hear the fridge or any chopping noises they try it on to see if they can get something. I like the interaction whether or not I give in and give them something, or if just give them a little stroke (with their heads turning round frantically to my hand to look for the food)! Mine get loads of veggies throughout the day so I certainly know they're not really hungry - just cheeky!

Incidentally Fred's started wheeking when the post arrives - don't know how she made that association!

I just hear my piggie *week* for the first time for food! I just put a bowl in the cage like always, and when one of them saw it she gave a big *WEEK!* :D That is just too cute :)

I remember my boys first wheek! It was the cutest thing ever

I LOVE their noises! All of them!!! Especially when they hear me go into the closet for their food or get veggies out of the bottom of the fridge, they are so cute

I like their weeking sound..although it drives my dog nuts. Charlie weeks when I go to leave the room,,I dont think he wants me to leave.

that is so cute! with me, it is a love-hate, it is very cute and all, but it does get bothersome at times

Ah, the wheeks are music to my ears! It's how I know they love me, right? Ok, it's how I know they love FOOD! My one pig has learned to rattle the cage bars in lieu of just squeaking . . . that does tend to get old, especially when they are "set off" by something like me opening a bag of cookies. They just don't listen when I tell them that cookies aren't for them!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.