Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Corflute and Cubes in Western Australia

egstay

Cavy Slave
Hello,

Cubes and Corflute in Western Australia

I've found a couple of places for both corflute and cubes, but I want to be sure I'm getting a good price before plunging in!

Corflute:

Allsigns in Albany Highway, Vic Park stock Corflute in huge sheets of 4ml thick (I think it was something like 1.5 by 2.5 metres - may not be the right dimensions, but just a challenge to fit in the car) for a whopping $44 :eek:. There's another sign place on albany highway nearer the Park Centre end that has a minimum of $44 for anything, so I said, I'll think about it :)

Clark Rubber stocks 1200 to 900 ml sheets, 5 ml thick for $15 - this looked good however, not even big enough for a 2 by 4 cage: 1.34m x 98.6cm for a 2 x 3 grid cage according to the instructions :sad:. I guess I could always subdivide, i.e. make 2 pans instead, each with one side low enough for them to hop over. One pan becomes a litter tray to go under their food dish - what do people think about this? I can buy two sheets, and, with whatever that is left over, make a litter pan for their outside cage.

* Anyone have better luck finding a place that sells them fairly cheaply?

* I also think 4 ml probably would be easier to handle than 5 ml - anyone used either? I can't seem to find any 4 ml...

Cubes

Bunnings stock cubes, 5 for $9 something. I'd like coloured ones - anyone find them in WA? If not, I guess I just have to bite the bullet - and if the Reject Shop in Booragoon

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
I got 3ml corflute for $15. Can't remember the exact dimensions but it was big enough to make a 2x5 with some left over. They can cut it up for you, but they generally come in 2 sizes (so you have to buy multiple sheets and duck tape them together). It is in Osborne Park - Mulford Plastcs. Ph # - 9446 9933.

Grids I got online from dealsdirect but they no longer stock them I believe. The only time I have seen them at Bunnings was in Cannington, they only had the one packet that I purchased. Alternatively, there are garden storage waste bins that are quite tall but are about the size of a 2x3. If you cut the height in half and join them together you could make a 2x6. They are $20 from Bunnings.

I live in Perth, and with having pigs for over a year now (5 pigs atm), know all of the tricks of the trade - including knowing where to find cheap hay etc. Let me know if you would like anymore info.

egstay

Cavy Slave
I live in Perth, and with having pigs for over a year now (5 pigs atm), know all of the tricks of the trade - including knowing where to find cheap hay etc. Let me know if you would like anymore info.

Thanks, I certainly would like to know more - please contact me with cheap hay etc info :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.