Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Little Small things on his WOOWOO? HELP

PIGGYMAMMA495

Cavy Slave
Hello and Well Good morning everyone still awake.
I just got back from a long long drive to a emergency vet who is far away.
I took this little boy pig I just got a few days ago. I went for nightly grooming and snuggling before I take my shower and of course to spoil them with a little nibble of romain extra. I picked up Squirt and he kind of jumped.
I thought to myself, "Ok, something's wrong he's being wierd!"
I laid him in the crook of my arm, and started a inspection.
I noticed on his sack area that he had 2 small circle looking marks. They had a piece of scab on them that you could tell was bumped while in his cage from normal walking and playing. So I inspected some more and noticed around his "area" more so on the normal skin around the sack there were a few more marks. Theese did not look like any bite marks I have ever seen, so I rushed 2 hours to a Vet who was in and agreed to see him.
He said he thought it may have been ringworm from how I described it on the phone so he wanted me to come in right away. Number One, He looked at it, and then the one area on his actual testicle had a mark of puss in it. He said I am overreacting and it's nothing, to just go home.
He gave him a dose of baytril just to see if it improves anything. He said if I see improvements with it, to call him and I can get some to put him on.
I will try to describe the marks the best I can and as detailed as I can.
Mark Number one Right on his left testy on the side is about a smidge smaller than a average cigarette burn, it is kind of half moon shaped and prickley looking,(if you get your face in there as gross as it may be, you can see little like individual bumps)
Mark Number Two, is on the opposite side of area. It is the size of a tip of a cigarette and is completely open now, it is red a tad bit looking like it will be inflammed in the morning and it had a spec of pus in the corner.
There are also 2 other marks resembling number one. And also another one resembling Number Two.
I am not satisfied that this is nothing since it wasnt there when he came to me, and I did grooming last night and it wasnt there.
Has anyone ever seen anything resembling that?
He was treated for mites, and had a regular vet exam that day he came to me. The vet said he looked good, and just needs some loving.
I am concerned, and worried that it may spread to any other piggies in my home, since they all use the same floor time rooms. Should I just limit him to floor time room number one. And allow the other piggies to use floor time room number two? Should I place him in a different pig room to sleep? I have him by himself and in his own cage. So I dont have to worry about that.
Does anyone have any recomendations? I know it seems a tadbit drama queen ish, but I really dont like the looks of it, and know to go with my gut on things. All input is apperciated.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Is there anyway you can take a picture? Digital camera or the like?
Is the vet you went to see your regular vet? If not - I'd go see my normal vet tomorrow, as it seems the one you went to was a bit of an (censored).

I'd keep them off the same floortime room until it's identified and/or treated.

Last edited by a moderator:

PIGGYMAMMA495

Cavy Slave
Yes the Emergency Vet seemed to be a bit of a well (censored). My cam is broke so tommrow morning Im going to ask my neighbors to let me use their camera. I will post that around noon tommrow if anyone has any ideas, I suppose I shouuldnt have asked since I make not much sense when I type. I will post it in the thread or make a link to the pic. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Please watch your language ladies. There are still some words that are not allowed on the forum and that one was one of them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.