Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New here-2 new piggies-they started a blog! :-)

ohgracie

Cavy Slave
Meet Ginger and Cha-Cha and read about their first couple of days on their very own blog:
(broken link removed)

They even gave a shout-out to CavyCages!

Ginger and Cha-cha are very cute, I'm sure they'll appreciate the larger cage you're going to make them. I'm sure they're enjoying their new, soft fleece!

The diet you're feeding them right now doesn't look very well balanced however, https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...cavys-diet-read-me-nutrition-charts-info.html this thread has lots of great information about your piggies food. Spinach and fruits should be fed sparingly in small quantities, and there are many other healthy veggies like bell pepper you could try with them. Carrots are more of a treat veggie, and should be fed in limited quantities anyways (at most one small to medium baby carrot per pig per day), so your pigs not eating them is not a big deal. Leafy greens (endive, cilantro, any type of lettuce apart from iceberg/head lettuce, etc) should be the bulk of their diet, with veggies like bells peppers and other veggies added. Welcome!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.