Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage has been changed

MKruger

Cavy Slave
Hi! I hope this is the right place for this post, since it is about a cage. For those of you that saw my introduction, saw that we were using the cage that we had already, since we didn't have time to fully prepare before Sadie and Yoshi needed a place to go. Anyway, we decided to take the cage apart and redo it. Here is what they came to us in...

Here is the way our cage was already set up...

Here is what we've done to it now...

I do want to get some more things for them to put in there, but I think they're happy...

If you see anything that we need to change, please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

It looks awesome. I would recommend more hay though.

Thank you. :)

How much hay do they need in there?? I have a litter box in the bottom that I converted to a hay holder, there is a hay container on the top, hay in the bottom of the kitchen area to the left, plus I'm home all of the time to provide hay when needed.

Oh, yeah you can't see all those things in the pic. As long as they have hay 24/7 then it's fine. The cage does look great. I still can't get over how much Yoshi (I think that's the one) looks like my Fuzz. Here is his picture.
Cage has been changed

That came out awesome! Much improved, love it!

Thank you both! I'm very happy with it.

Yeah, they're good on hay, then. I check it before going to bed and when I get up in the morning, then throughout the day, so they always have it available. :) Yoshi and Fuzz do look a lot alike. I don't know if it's just the picture or not, but Fuzz looks like he has more of a reddish color compared to Yoshi, who is more of a grayish. Does he?

Its probably just the pic. He is Golden Agouti and White. Here is a different pic. maybe the lightings a little better. Anyway, there markings are so similar, even if the color is a little off.
Cage has been changed

Thanks for sharing! They definitely look a lot alike. That picture shows it well.

WOW! What an amazing improvement from their store bought cage. They probably don't know what to do with themselves! The only thing I would recommend is more hay, like Ziggy&Herald said.

Great, great job.

Thank you so much!

I don't know if you saw the post above, but just in case you missed it, I explained that,
"I have a litter box in the bottom that I converted to a hay holder, there is a hay container on the top, hay in the bottom of the kitchen area to the left, plus I'm home all of the time to provide hay when needed."

So, they're good in that area.

Great improvements! I'm sure they're happy with all the extra room there is to run around.

Great job I bet they love all that room after the store bought cage. Did you file down the grid sides that you cut for support on the lower level? Great idea with that by the way. You also might add a patio brick in the lower level for them to walk on to help with their nails and also another water bottle on lower level maybe right above the brick so they walk on it. They will also use the brick to lay on to keep cool in the summer. You might want to cut the pigloo opening off so they can get in and out of it easier and get a second one for the other pig or if they like to share then get one of those huge pigloos for them.

Thank you for the information. If you notice in the lower left corner, there is already a patio stone in there for the nails. You can't see it in the pictures, but on the lower level, underneath, there is an area for hay and there is another water bottle under there. Also, this the cage that we already had (as mentioned in my Introduction thread), so we didn't just build it. All we did was take it apart and rearrange it. Yes, the sides had already been filed down previously. :) I already planned to get another pigloo. I thought I had one, but haven't found it yet, so I need to buy another one. The entrance hasn't bothered them at all. They have had no problems going in and out, but I'll keep that in mind. I'll get one soon. Right now, there still not sure of the ramp, but we're working on that. Thanks again!

Well then in that case great cage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.