Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

3X5 cage?

RoAnneM

Cavy Slave
I'm going to make a new cage for my guinea pigs. I don't really have room to make a 2X6, but could make a 3X5. However I never see pictures of 3X (whatever) cages. Is there a reason that people don't make cages 3 grids wide? Just lack of space or is there some other reason that I'm not thinking of? :?:

There a plenty of people who make 3x whatever. A 3x5 would be fine.

A 3x5 would be great it is actually larger than a 2x6. Part of my cage is a 3x4. I don't have a pic of only the 3x4 part but here is a pic of the whole thing, the bottom part with the Scooby Doo fleece is the 3x4 (broken link removed)

My cages are 3 grids wide. It makes them a little harder to be able to reach the back of the cage for cleaning, especially if there is a lid. But I like the 3 grid width better then the 2 because it gives them more space to move around hideys and each other in my opinion.

Last edited:
Well, good, I'm glad to know there isn't a problem with a 3X cage. I spent about an hour looking at the different pictures people had posted and didn' t notice any. I couldn't imagine what could be "wrong" with making a 3X, unless it was just too hard to clean (as someone mentioned), but I didn't think it would make it that much harder! Or maybe the choroplast didn't come that wide or something. Anyways, Jennie_Feathers, I looked at your link, your cage is really nice. I bet your piggies love it!! I can't wait to make my new cage and watch them run in it!❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.