Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello, questions about coroplast

Metroid & Boo

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I live in a small Island in the Uk and I'm finding it very hard to find Coroplast, or Correx, to build my cage. Is there anything else I could use? The cage will stay in my living room, the floor is laminated so I am wondering if I could get away with using vinyl as the base, followed with a shower curtain and fleece on top?
Thank you :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You can do that but with no correx sides, be prepared to sweep/vaccuum up the mess they will throw outside the grids each day.

An alternative to coroplast/correx is linoleum.

Metroid & Boo

Cavy Slave
Thank you for replying. I will keep on looking for correx but I might have to come up with something else for now, my grids arrive this week and I want to build the cage right away. My boys are in a small cage and I can't wait to give them a 2x5 home :)

Last edited:

ArtisticRainey

Cavy Slave
Have you tried here? Mulberry Design + Print | Sign Vinyl - Application Tape - Sign Making Accessories

They seem to ship just about anywhere in the UK -- most places I tried wouldn't ship to Northern Ireland (and apparently no one here knows what the darn stuff is despite its being used all over the show) but this place did. Maybe they'll work for you? The only problem is that the sheet sizes aren't ideal: 48x39 is the biggest they do. For my 3x3s I had to use two separate parts to complete the base, but it actually works well because it's easier to transport.

Some people use lino as Ly said. It's not too bad. Alternatively you could get some MDF/chipboard for the bottom and cover it in a generous layer of bedding. This isn't great though because pee seeps through it and it's also quite heavy.

Metroid & Boo

Cavy Slave
Thank you ArtisticRainey, they do ship to the Islands but it is a bit expensive, £42.18 :sad: I looked in the yellow pages for sign shops but only found 2, and one of the shops only sells already made signs! I will go to B&Q and look for linoleum, but it is really is a shame I can't find correx. I just love the cages I see on this site made of c&c.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.