Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The things I do for these pigs...

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Before I made my C&C cages I moved my wardrobes and dresser from my bedroom into the spare bedroom to create space, then once I had made the cages it was tight with my bed being right up against them and me having to walk through the cages to get to the other side of my room.

So I have just been upstairs for the past two hours getting my (very comfy!) double bed out of my room and down sizing to a single bed, choosing specfically one with space under the bed for the pigs to have floor time still...

On top of that it was muck out day today so ALL the bedding underneth both the 7x4 and 3x4+2x2 had to washed, and we are talking 3 layers of towels covering this space, I was sweeping left right and centre, hoovering etc changing fleeces.

If that isn't dedication I dont know what is...I'm exhausted...:melodrama

You are as bad as I am, in order for me to get to my closet, I have to carefully stick one foot in the C&C cage to be able to grab something out of the closet, which is usually trying to find something to wear, so I know what you mean, very cute!!❤️

You are a truly devoted cavy slave. I unfortunately share a room with my older sister but she has plans to move out the beginning of next year. I already have my plans in my head! I am getting rid of bookcase and bunk bed so that I can expand my 2x6 cage into a castle! Personally I can't wait to get a high sleeper bed!

We've given our girls the dining room. They do have C&C cage, but they only go in there at night. And occasionally when we want to use the room, otherwise it's all theirs. :)

I wish we could do that, if we didnt have the dogs (a Jack Russell & Rottweiler) they would have the run of the house.

Oh, we'd love to have dogs but we don't have the time to walk them as they would need.
The piggies do have to share the dining room with some tropical fish though ;)

LOL! very cute! Honey is spoiled rotten. She has her own room! I also keep a single bed in her room so i can "sleep over" with her. :D

Reggie (my dog) is defineltey a safety issue for Honey but he will never get to her. I always make sure of that. :)

We removed the dining room set to another new "dining room" and have given the girls half of the front room. Their houses upper level is at the kitchen counter at the pass thru.

We haven't gotten that nasty exercise equipment out since they consumed the front room!

We drive 50 miles to town just to keep them well stocked in produce and last weekend constructed a greenhouse se we can grow veges for them. Have an entire mini greenhouse that is dedicated strictly to parsley for the girls!

The dogs have to be locked out of the front room when they get their floor time. The whining and carrying on the dogs do is so bad I finally block the window in the door. I don't believe they intend to hurt them, just love them a bit more rough than the piggies can handle!

Spoiled? Not our girls!

Hehe, my girls are not spoiled quite so much! The 4 of them have the run of their 15.5sq ft C&C cage, and I am working on making a flap in the corflute somewhere to allow them to go into an extra play pen that I have constructed. Veggie-wise, I spend about $25 a week. They get better quality veggies then I do sometimes. I used to grow half of their veggie intake, but the dogs pulled up alot of the stuff. They are on towels which I change twice a day, though I am looking into something a bit easier to manage. It is hard though as Buttercup cant be on shavings or anything dusty. I am thinking a fleece, towel, puppy pad combo. It would be so soft I could sleep on it! Then there is the numerous cuddle cups, and other soft toys/cloths that I have made/brought.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.