Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

top toys???

BiscoJosh

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone - so my cage is pretty barren at the moment - i have a cozy and tunnel on the way. He has 2 little ball thingies that he really doesnt do anything with. anyone have a list of some of the top GP toys? We are adopting a 2nd one tonight, with a C and C cage on the way, and I really want to pimp it out with all sorts of toys and whatnot. Thanks!

Mine love hanging bird toys - you can put veg on them and they get it out.
Chubes and tunnels (make sure they are the right size and wont get stuck)
Toliet paper rolls - mine love these
Hidey houses
There favourite thing is lots and lots of hay though.

thanks for the reply! Def gonna get some hanging bird toy things. I suppose I will need more than 1 hidey house for each pig now ;-)

Mine love (to eat) brown paper lunch bags and they're cheap, plentiful and disposable. They also like to throw their plastic pigloos around. Small, clean cardboard boxes, skewered veggies, fruitwood chews, chubes and fiddlesticks seem to be acceptable to them as well. The toys don't have to be expensive, just safe. People should be so easy to please.

PS - don't forget to quarentine (sp?) your new little guy.

Mine love (to eat) brown paper lunch bags and they're cheap, plentiful and disposable. They also like to throw their plastic pigloos around. Small, clean cardboard boxes, skewered veggies, fruitwood chews, chubes and fiddlesticks seem to be acceptable to them as well. The toys don't have to be expensive, just safe. People should be so easy to please.

PS - don't forget to quarentine (sp?) your new little guy.

when you say skewered, you mean, like just put a bunch of veggis on a stick?

also - what are "chubes and fiddlesticks" - haha - totally dont know what those are.

...and regular old brown paper lunch bags are good? thats great! Also - in terms of toilet paper/paper towel tubes - what are they good for if the holes are too small for the pigs to get into?

In terms of quarantining the new pig, does that mean I cant at least let them eet tonight? They will be in separate cages for at least aweek b/c the C and C cage wont be here till later next week anyway. I term of the new pigs health, I am pretty he is top notch as he comes from a very responsible rescue.

I know this is an accessory thread - maybe I will make a new one to the appropriate area about quarantining.

But any response/help is appreciated!

Chubes are cardboard, chew-safe tubes made especially for small animals and are available on-line or at pet stores. Fiddlesticks are chew-safe branches strung together on bendable wire and make great hidies, ramps, etc. They are also available at pet stores or on-line. The piggies just chew on or push the toilet paper/paper towel tubes around. Some slaves stuff them with treats to amuse their owners. You can sting veggies on an old fashioned, plain metal shower curtain ring and hang it on the side of the cage, or there are also toys at the pet store especially for this purpose. Pet stores seem to be bereft of things especially for piggies, so I also shop the bird and ferret sections. I have never had to quarentine, as my boys had been together quite a while when I got them, but I believe that two weeks is recommended. Piggs are very suseptible to upper respiratory infections, which are airborne, so they need to be apart, as in different areas, for a period of time. There is a wealth of info on this site that can give you direction. Enjoy those babies and welcome to the wonderful world of piggies.

any suggestions on website to order some chubes and fiddlesticks?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.