Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are these safe?

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I was looking for toys and came across these:
(broken link removed)
but I know flavoured/colourful things are usually bad, are these also bad for piggys? I've seen the description on the back at a store and it said made from natural ingrediants but labels lie.

Also wondering about toys with sisal as the material? Like this, but not this exact toy but the same material:
(broken link removed)

These are coloured aswell:
(broken link removed)

Another treat/toy I was wondering about is the sweetcorns you can buy in packets at most pet stores? They aren't soft like some sweetcorns you can buy from a supermarket but hard?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
I was looking for toys and came across these:
(broken link removed)
but I know flavoured/colourful things are usually bad, are these also bad for piggys? I've seen the description on the back at a store and it said made from natural ingrediants but labels lie.

Also wondering about toys with sisal as the material? Like this, but not this exact toy but the same material:
(broken link removed)

These are coloured aswell:
(broken link removed)

Another treat/toy I was wondering about is the sweetcorns you can buy in packets at most pet stores? They aren't soft like some sweetcorns you can buy from a supermarket but hard?

Any ideas?

Thanks

The first one I'd be a little worried about since it is fruit flavored and they shouldn't be eating a lot of fruit. I have something similar to the roll a nest. Just make sure the hay isn't too hard. It could come loose and they could get poked in the eye. I have somehing very similar to the last one. It is called a knut knot nibbler. I se it in the cage all the time and he absolutely loves it! When his cage has a roof, I used to hang it from the roof in the corner of the cage so it couldn't swing too much and hit him in the head.

The corn definitly isn't good for them. Before I knew that I went ahead and bought them. They don't even like it anyway, and they smael pretty gross.

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty sure the roll around nest is fine. I've seen members here who use them. I'm not positive about the rat toy though.

And the nibble stix, I honestly think they would just ignore them. I doubt they are any good for pigs anyway.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.