Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A belated intro from a new NZ member

sphanges

Cavy Slave
Hi there! Some of you have already helped me with my questions so I thought I should hurry up and post an intro.

I have kept guineas years ago and always loved them. We recently got a pair of rescue piggies called Daisy (white and gold roan) and Ruffles (tortie abyssinian). They were rescued from a large mixed-sex pen in a garage in apparently awful conditions (the lady who rescued them wouldn't tell me much about it but she was pretty disgusted), Daisy still had a litter at the time and it's suspected that Ruffles had had one two. We're currently on preggie pig watch as it's very possible they got pregnant before being rescued, and Daisy is looking a little suspicious at the moment. I also might foster another piggie who may be pregnant to give my friend a break as she ended up with a LOT of pigs to rehome!

We live in NZ and have two kids, a four year old and a one year old. The four year old thinks Ruffles is his pet but hubby and I know better, we got them cause Mum wanted some piggies!

I've been sewing a collection of cuddle cups and sleeping bags, which has been lots of fun, and I really enjoyed building their cube cage. I might add a second story if I'm sure there won't be any babies.

B

Hello, and welcome. Good luck with your girls, I am glad they made it to a caring home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.