Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A gotta box of grids...now what

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I was looking through the Christmas presents under the tree I saw one with Jen, Chewie and Charlie on it so naturally I lift it up and try to see what it is :shhh: . I shook it and felt the weight and listened to it rattle, I know its a box of grids. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should do with them when I get them. This is my cage now https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/jenni_feathers_122/002-10.jpg its a L shaped 2x8 with a grid stand. I have no idea what to do with the extra grids, it would be the ones from target with 23 panels and 24 connectors. I cant add onto the cage without redirecting a heating vent or getting rid of my bed and sleeping on the floor lol so adding on the 1st level isnt really an option. Unless I added an upstairs to the cage...hmm... I'm not sure.
Any Ideas?

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Go for a second level! Or you could do a 2x1 loft where the short end of the "L" sticks out. I probably changed my cage around like 30 times, counting little things I make different every once in a while, so don't think you only get one try for something. You can always change stuff around later on.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
I think thats what I'm gonna do, either that or add another 2x2 on the side without the L so then it'd be like a ] shaped

deathnotronic

Cavy Slave
I use the extra grids for actual storage! Haha, I've used so many for my piggies that I forgot what they're ACTUALLY made for!

Man, whoever invented these should be given a medal.

scarymonster742

Cavy Slave
I used a box of grids to make a "playpen" for floor time, as I do not want them chewing on cords, etc. I throw down an old sheet, and put the grids (cable tied together, except the ends are open to be connected with the connectors they came with) in a circle, and add pigs!
It folds accordian style for storage in a small area.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Slave
Oh, an update: I used them to add a loft and to make me a shelf for my electronics and movies, here are pics.

*****Ignore the time stamp, its a new camera and I havent set it*****

^ the shelf I built for me, I doubt it will last long, before I think of something to do with the grids, for the pigs lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.