Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Am I the only one who cannot make the connectors work?

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I struggled for a good hour to try to get four pieces together before I finally gave up and just cable-tied the whole darn cage together. Anyone need a bunch of blue cube connectors? lol.

On the plus side, my boys are fully enjoying their new, bigger, open space. I ended up making the ground level 3x3 grids. I wanted to make it 4, but there simply isn't room. I intend to build nearly a full second level or at least a wrap-around balcony, but that will have to wait a bit.

Rexie

Cavy Slave
I struggled a little with the connectors at first. What was happening to me was that the first couple that I connected would come loose as I connected others. I finally got all the connectors to work and zip tied Each square too. The cage it quite secure now!!

42wolves

Cavy Slave
My cage is multi-colored because we deconstructed by son's wire cubbies that I picked up at a garage sale in the summer of 2006 . Now I'm looking for shelves or a chest for his room, and it looks like I'll be spending about $100 on new furntiture for his room. Somehow my attempt to save money has gone terribly awry. :eye-poppi

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I had trouble with the connectors too and opted to just use cable ties. Later when I made the base I figured them out, I guess I wasn't in such a big hurry or something just "snapped". But I did use the zip ties too so they wouldn't come apart.

I think I now have a total of 7 boxes of grids so I have A LOT of connectors. I put little felt dots on the ones that were on the floor so I could slide it around easily without scratching my tile. They work quite well.

I am probably going to be changing my cage up again. Good thing I buy the cable ties by the thousands! I get a bag of 1000 at Home Depot for about $18. And since my solution for everything is zip ties or duct tape, they are really handy to have around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.