Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello. I'm new here.

Aradella

Cavy Slave
Hello all I'm new here as of today. I suppose I should introduce myself and my piggies. I have 8 altogether, 6 females and 2 males. I don't have many pictures of the new piggies and haven't even named them(since I just inherited them today). I will get pictures of them up in the next few days.

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Make sure to take note of the sticky threads on the top of each subforum they are full of info! I'm also going to give you a few links that might help you out you might have seen them but just to be safe I'll give them anyway. First is a link to a page on links then a link to Kleenmama's hayloft the hay there is absulutely great from what I've heard (I don't have piggies yet but I'm getting some soon). I also heard it is cheaper then Oxbrow (another online hay site).Oh are your boars neutered if not are you breeding? I hope you enjoy the site as much as I am and oh if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them!

PS. Pigtures are a must!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...ost-first.html

(broken link removed)

Aradella

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Yea I get my hay from Kleenmama and my food from Oxbow. No my boars are not neutered and no I'm not breeding. Yet! I've wanted to try it but I want to do a lot of research before I even think about it. I didn't inherit all of the piggies today. I started out with 2, then went to 5. I lost one about a month ago to something unknown then got the other 4 today. I thought I was only going home with 2.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Please dont breed, now or in the future. Have a look at this link https://www.cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm .

Just to give you a heads up, this forum is pro-rescue and anti-breeding. We do not support breeding of any kind unless it betters the species.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums. And I second please don't breed. The link will explain everything just read it over.

Aradella

Cavy Slave
Wow I had no idea. I didn't say I was going to, just that I was going to do research on it before I even thought about it. Thanks for the link. That was very insightful.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
I understand. You can research all you want, but unless you are going to be able to better the species please do not breed.

On a happier note, I am glad your piggies are so well looked after, what with KMs hay, and Oxbows Pellets and soon a large spacious cage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.