Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cooling Stone for Cage

PaulF

Cavy Slave
I have, or am building a C&C cage and I went to lowes for some tubing, and other nick nacks, and I came across floor tiles and things, and i found a stone perfect for the piggy to sit on to cool off, it was just a couple bucks and its prolly 1 sq foot.

Any suggestions of placement of this stone? Near food/water? near a shelter? under a shelter?

Just any thoughts?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You could pretty much put it anywhere in the cage you want.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I put mini 4in by 4in ceramic tiles in my boys "kitchen area" where there food, water and hay is.

PaulF

Cavy Slave
I put mini 4in by 4in ceramic tiles in my boys "kitchen area" where there food, water and hay is.

Ok! that sounds like good idea.. I have a plastic lid under the pellet bowl and water which has some bedding and shredded newspaper.. seems to go potty there a lot. but i'll put it undernear my hay stand. maybe he'll like it.

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Don't be surprised if it gets covered in poo. I use bricks to weigh down the edges of the fleece, but use a tile in one corner and it is covered in poo which is a real pain to get off. Saying that, they do seem to like sitting on bricks and tiles...

PaulF

Cavy Slave
Don't be surprised if it gets covered in poo. I use bricks to weigh down the edges of the fleece, but use a tile in one corner and it is covered in poo which is a real pain to get off. Saying that, they do seem to like sitting on bricks and tiles...

Well i think my piggy is too young to realize what the thing is lol.. he just runs across it, never sits on it, and the piggy poo wont stick to it cuz its like a marble counter finish so its really smooth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.