Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Greetings From Stanley

StanleyPig

Cavy Slave
Hello,
Stanley and I decided to join because he is very grateful to the information on the site. His standard of living has improved greatly. We both thank all of you for sharing pictures and experiences. He is now living in a 2x3 cc cage. I had been putting off making one because the cubes have been difficult to find. I ended up just dealing with it and ordering them online (shipping, gulp). Stanley also has a balcony, tent, cuddle cup, hayrack and daily salad thanks to the info on this site. We also just switched to fleece for bedding. Wow, we love it. I have several students who have guinea pigs and I am looking forward to sharing this site with them when school starts up again.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Wow sounds like you are on a great start. Welcome to the forums! Do you plan on getting your guy a little friend? Guineapigs are pretty social and love company of their own kind in there with them. But pictures of your little guy would be great. And it's awsome to someone else from Maine. I rarely see anyone from Maine here.

StanleyPig

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome. I have been thinking about getting Stanley a buddy. The local humane society has four boars. I am on the fence because Stanley goes to school with me during the school year. If he and his new friend didn't get along, that would be double the space. I'm not sure I'm that ready yet and it's important to have your heart totally in it if you are going to take in another animal. We already have two dogs, a cat and a gp. The ark may be full for now. I will look through my digital camera for Stanley pix.

kathmom26

Cavy Slave
Hello, I am Maine also. Limerick (wherever that is). My daughter and I have two girls. Daisy and her daughter Oreo. I had a neutered male Ebony, but he died a few months ago. (he was neutered later)

StanleyPig

Cavy Slave
Hi Kathmom26. One of my college friends was from Limerick. Small state! Pictures of the piggies???

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
What a handsome guy StanleyPig is. There are some piggies in a rescue in Maine that I have fallen in love with on petfinder.com. My sister lives in Machias. I love it, it's so beautiful there.

I hope Stanley gets a friend and I hope you name him Ollie. You only need 2 x 4 cubes for two males which is just a teeny tiny expansion over what you have.

StanleyPig

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I think that Stanley is an awfully cool pig. He's very well socialized. He comes when I drum my fingers on the floor and is the nosiest pig ever. The cat fascinates him and vice versa. He also gives kisses.

Machias is a beautiful place. I used to be from the coast, but now I'm living right next to the Kennebec River. It's still a nice place to be.

Due to size limitations the cage needs to stay at 2x3 with a balcony. What's the cage size for male and spayed female? Obviously more is better but will 2x3 do?

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure excately about the cage limits. It's kind of small for two guineapigs so I'm not sure. But also in Auburn Whistle Ridge I believe it's called has a lot of guineapigs for adoption as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.