Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What is that SMELL?!

muffledcry

Cavy Slave
OK so this is day 2 where I have been using fleece in my boys cage. I was VERY nervous because I really didn't think that it was going to work! but, I gotta tell you, it's so much easier then the Carefresh I was using....anywho, back to my question....the first night that I used fleece, everything seemed to be going fine. Then when I woke up this morning, there is a very nasty smell coming from inside the cage. I stuck my head inside and I cant figure out the smell! I fed them pickles with their normal dinner and I thought that maybe it was the pickles. But it wasnt! The smell is still there, but it's not as strong. They seem to be liking the fleece since they're all sprawled out on it but the smell is driving me crazy! Anyone have any ideas to what it could be? Is it the fleece? I've smelled everything in the cage and can't figure it out! Maybe it was the pickles...lol

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Then when I woke up this morning, there is a very nasty smell coming from inside the cage.
It's boar scent. They are marking the cage.

Pickles are not a part of a guinea pigs diet and should never be fed. Please stop feeding pickles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.