Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Cavy Rescues In Australia?

baby-wilson

Cavy Slave
Hey im new. I have 5 guinea pigs, 3 male 2 female.
3 of these were bought from a petstore and the other 2 were from an accidental pregnancy.

I was just wondering if there was a such thing as guinea pig rescues in Australia? I didnt think there was... but just making sure :cheerful:

I may be looking for a young sow soon, so I would rather rescue than buy from a petstore:crazy:

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
There most certainly are cavy rescues in Australia, one of the biggest, if not the biggest rescue, and the one who has been most influential in cavy awareness is The Australian Cavy Sanctuary, which is located nearish to Brisbane.

(broken link removed) - their webpage

They also have one on the Sunshine Coast and one in Woollongong. If you look around you will find Guinea Pigs in need of homes, you just have to look hard enough.

baby-wilson

Cavy Slave
:) thanks heaps... do you know of any in WA?

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Off the top of my head, no, but you could try quokka.com.au (or something like that) or, the rspca site they sometimes list Guinea Pigs.

Try local papers as well, sometimes people list free to good home pigs in their.

baby-wilson

Cavy Slave
:) thanks heaps! Will do that :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.