Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

at what age? Baby proofing questions...

Cammerkins

Cavy Slave
I should be getting our two new baby piggies sometime this week, and realized just now that, hmmmn, I probably should think about what I am going to do if the babies can escape out of the grids! SO my question is, at what age approximately can they NOT fit thru the grids? I have the regular grids from target, and the coro is about 6-7 inches high. will I need to double up on the grids? Thanks for any info!

Dana

Cammerkins

Cavy Slave
and another question, what is a good way to transport GP's? I'll be picking them up about and hour & 1/2 from home, my 2x4 is ready to go at home, would a fleece lined rubbermaid container, very tall with no lid, be OK for the ride home? (I tried to edit my first post, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.)

Slave to the Rose

Cavy Slave
have a young guinea (around 3-6 months). While her whole body cannot fit though the holes her head sure can. To remedy this problem I simply made the edges of the coroplast 7 inches instead of 6. She has never shown any interest in trying to get over the 7 inches and seems totally ok.

As for transport that kind of container is fine. Whatever you do make sure plenty of air can circulate through it and ALWAYS fleece line. Most things (plastic, cardboard exc) is hard for them to hold on to.

Also to make the ride more comfortable for my spoiled little pig I always put a tiny amount of timothy hay in the container. I also paper clipped a washcloth to the side of the container and moved it out to make a small tunnel for her to hide in if she is startled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.