Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2x3 cage too small?

donna4909

Cavy Slave
Is a 2x3 CC cage too small for 2 piggies? Well, I know it's on the small side, but would they be happy in a 2x3 cage?

I just do not have enough space for a 2x4 cage. (I have way too much furniture!) And I really want to adopt a pair of piggies.

They are from a nearby piggy rescue. It's a neutered male and an intact female. I really don't want to get just one of them, because I don't think that's fair, considering their social needs.

So is a 2x3 cage suitable enough until I can find a way to make more space? I really really really want these piggies!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
yes, 2x3 is suitable. It is the minimum size for 2 piggies so it should be fine. What you could do is make a loft if you are really worried about space issues. Perhaps 1x3? Or have your cage in the corner of your room. (look at my cage picture). Good on you for adopting!

Denise

Cavy Slave
Mine is a 2 X 3 with a 1 X 2 upper deck and I have two girls. I also have too much furniture for a larger cage right now, but want to add another piggie so we're trying to re-arrange the furniture to allow a larger cage.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Can you add an upper loft at all? At least do this. Maybe you could rearrange some furniture, or get rid of that old bookcase with the books you never read anyway? (Keep th ebooks in storage or something) Just a thought.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.