Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Questions

Maddogg

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I have decided to switch to Cavy Cages, however I have not yet bought it yet. I am just trying to plan ahead a little bit. I have 2 young male guinea pigs, so I am getting the 2x4 cage. And I was going to make two or three levels, closed top. I use pine bedding. So here are my questions:
1) I was planning on doing at least two levels, so how do I clean the bottom level? Do I just take the second level off?
2) How does one get to their pigs on the first level if the have multiple layers? Do you have to make a door?
3) I had another question but I forgot.

Thanks for your help, anything would be much appreciated.

First off, is your pine bedding kiln-dried pine? If not get rid of it immediatley!

1) You can make a door of zip ties and make all four fold up like an accordian(sp?) and pull the entire coroplast box out.

2) You can use the accordian-like door to get your piggies out on the lower levels and a shelving top that can swing up. You can purchase the shelving at any home-improvement store. Just zip-tie the shelving to the grids. Here is what the top looks like:https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/3649/cat/504

Yes the pine is kiln dried. Thanks for your help I will defintily try that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.