Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hopefully going to get more grids today

• Thread starter Myspoiltpiggies
  • Start date

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Going shopping today for some grids. My local Argos says they don't have any left but the other Argos near me still has a few to sell off (they've stopped stocking them). I think you get 24 in a pack for just £7.99! :) I might get two packs. 11 of my guinea pigs are outside in a heated shed by the way, I can't bring them all in, I wish I could. If I was to bring them in they'd have tiny cages as we just can't have big C&C cages in the house.
These are the cages I have at the moment...
  • a 2x3 for 1 boar
  • a 2x3 for 2 boars
  • a 2x3 for 1 rabbit (is free range for most of the day, only goes in at night)
  • a two-level 2x6 for 10 sows.
  • and I used 2 spare grids to build my hedgehogs cage. (his is about 2x2)
Obviously some of these are kinda small at the moment. I don't plan on expanding my single boar's cage because I am short of space and a 2x3 is ok.. I might get him neutered to live with the girls later anyway. I don't plan to expand my rabbit's cage either as he is out for at least 8 hours a day, he only really sleeps in his cage, I might make a little door so he can go in and out as he pleases. I would definately like to expand the girl's cage, their cage gets dirty ever so quickly.. and yellow marks have stained the coroplast even though I scrub away at it (does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the stains). :( Do you think I should split the 10 sows into two groups? I feel bad for splitting them up. The two boars definately need a bigger cage, I removed their upper level as I needed to use the grids in order to make an emergency lid for the rabbit's cage.

Wish me luck, hopefully they still have grids!

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the stains?? I use vinegar and water on the coroplast but the stains still form. I guess it is because the cage is a little over crowded and they all seem to relieve themselves in the same place.

The two boars in the 2x3 are now in a 2x5 1/2! The rabbit has a 2x1 which he goes in and out of whenever he wants. Just for the girls' cage now! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.