Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n A great stir fry

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Was shopping yesterday. The samples were Morningstar Stir Frys, steak strips or chicken. The packages contain the "meat" and sauce you had vegetables. The "meat' is not meat at all it's totally vegetarian. They taste so yummy! Customers who were not vegetarian could not even tell the difference. I bought several.

I'll try that next time I go food shopping. They sound delicious!

Im a vegan myself, and i eat Morningstar stuff like everyday! i love the chiken strips!

Can you find them at any spermarket? Or are they only found in certain ones? I usually go to ShopRite, but can try BJ's, Basil Bandwaggon or Costco if they're not there.

Any store im sure carries it. Its usually in the freezer section!

You know? I love Morningstar Farms "corn dogs!"

They taste so much like the real thing! :)

The corn dogs are not too bad. I still have to dip them in something before eating them though.

I couldn't find the stir fry, but I got the chicken strips to add to my own stir fry. I went to a health food store and got a lot of great meat free, "meats" that I haven't gotten a chance to try yet. I'll tell everyone how they turn out after I try them. I did see the corn dogs, but was a little wary about trying them. The last veg hot dog I tried was rubber. It wouldn't cut, it would bend. lol

I agree on the veg hot dogs. I'm not a vegetarian, but I have been trying to cut a lot of meat out of my diet, and I really like a lot of the veggie "meat" products out there. The hot dogs, I just can't do though. They always taste rubbery to me. I'll have to find that stir fry though. I've been quite pleased with most of the other Morningstar products I've tried.

OK, I just tried Veggie Patch Chicken Patties. It's not that bad. I doesn't taste exactly like chicken, but it's good on a sandwich with ketchup.

I wish we had Morning Star Farm's stuff up here. I miss corn dogs.

YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS! Tofurky sausage. It is soooooo delicious. I made it in tomato sauce with peppers and I couldn't stop eating it! It tastes just like sausage, just not as firm. A+++++!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.