Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Constructing cage woes...

mikej345
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
Did you try Home Depot, Homehardware, Sign shoppes, or ask city hall about extra election signs? Wood could rot. That's all the suggestions I have for now... hehe I'm no help.

snickers66

Cavy Slave
Our local Home Depot did not carry it, but almost all sign shops I beleive do.
When we got ours, the salesman asked right away if it was for a G.P. cage ! So it is quite common. Good Luck ! We paid $28.00 for a sheet

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You don't want a plain wood bottom, as wood will harbor bacteria. Try linoleium if you can't find coroplast.

Spiffy'n'Spunky

Cavy Slave
What I did was go to home depot and got waterproof pvc liner that is used to put between tubs and stapled it to a wooden constructed pan. The lining was only $5.11 a foot, and comes in either 4 or 5 foot wide rolls.

allthatufear

Cavy Slave
Wow 28 a sheet? guess me and my girfriend are getting a good deal seeing how its only costing us 12 dollars a sheet, and she sheets are 4 feet by 8 feet.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
If you really can't find anything else wood will work but you need to cover it or it can be a real mess. Laminate sheets that are glued onto the wood would work the best but you still have to make sure to seal the edges with something. Perhaps a coat of waterproof epoxy and then the laminate sheets. We use a mix of the 2 to cover the sides of the horse wash room which is lined with just plywood sheets. A small bead of aquarium silicone on the edges might also work since it is water proof and nontoxic. I use it to glue together 2 seperate pieces of coroplast when I'm making a big cage and don't want to use just duct tape.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.