Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I *heart* carefresh!!!

Kriket

Cavy Slave
:love: Last night I did a total switchout of the girls' cage ( I also had bought some new fleece that I used in it). I had been using an aspen pine mix in the potties, but it was starting to get on not only my nerves (spot cleaning around the potties was getting to be a real chore with the wood sticking to the fleece) but on the girls' as well, because most of it was kicked out, and the smell control on that mix... well it left alot to be desired. So, I was digging around, and I found a quarter bag of carefresh (from when I only had a 2x4 and 2 piggies) and put that in the potties. This morn/afternoon when I went in to spot clean barely any of the carefresh wass kicked out, it smelled as lovely as a cage containing 7 adult and 4 baby pigs can smell, and spot cleaning was a breeze! Also, it looked like they had utilised the potties more since I had changed it out, so I guess the shavings had hurt their feet. SO, when I go to pick up my hay and pelletts, I know I need to pick up carefresh as well. Just had to get that out there, because my 4 year old could care less!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
I use carefresh in my piggy litter box too, I also use it in my rats cages - I like it and i'm pretty sure the animals do too since it's nice and soft on their little feet.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
How easy is the CF to clean off of the fleece? Can you vaccum it up?

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Yes, it's super easy to vaccume up off the fleece, but you know what? I've noticed that there isn't a quarter as much carefresh kicked out of the potty as there was pine. They just seem to like it better!

JennG

Cavy Slave
So Kriket, do you only use the Carefresh? I was just wondering because I put a layer of aspen first and then carefresh.

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Yeah I only have the carefresh in there. I was getting so tired of the KD pine sticking to the fleece that I knew I had to do something. I guess the ladies were trying to tell me something by kicking all the pine out, because with the carefresh... none if getting kicked out!!

JennG

Cavy Slave
Well that may just be cheaper. I think I'll go to straight carefresh once I've used up my aspen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.