Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ok... I *really* think she is preggo

missesd

Cavy Slave
Now, I am new to all of this, so I may just be stupid, but she seems to be getting lots bigger by the day, and I really don't think it was the baby boar we got last night either. She seems to be getting too big too fast for it to have just happened. :mad: Pet Shops!!! I REALLY need to know how I can tell.... When I hold her under her arms and look at her back she bows out. Maybe I will take a picture so you all know what I mean. Please help me figure this out.... I need to know if I should be upping her intake or what special treatment an expecting piggy will need. I wnat to make sure she *hopefully* has healthy, happy baby piggies, if she is pregnant.

Thanks so much...
Lisa n Hammy

Posting a picture would probably be best. You can cup your hands round her belly to see if you can feel any movement, but if she is early on in her pregnancy then you won't feel anything.. but you say she's big if she is expecting you should feel movement at this stage.

Most pregnant piggers will be act uncomfortable or restless during lap time. If she's close to delivery time, you can gently palpate or press on her tummy- you should feel firm lumps. Sometimes the pups will kick or push back.
Make sure Mom is getting plenty of Vitamin C and calcium. Both for her immune system and to help the growing pups. You can do this with adding (or upping the dosage of) the proper veggies in her diet.
I hope this was helpful and good luck to you and your pregnant girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.