Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Wanting to adopt one more...

equinox96

Cavy Slave
When I first adopted my 2 "girls", my plans were to get these two in and then take in my friend's female. After discovering my two girls were a papa and a pregnant mama well things changed.

Now I have a neutered male, a female and a three week old female. My cage is a 2x5 C&C

I still want to take in my friends female but my cage is in the living room and I can't go longer but I might be able to go a little wider and was wondering if this configuration would work with 4 sows...

XX
XXXXX
XXXXX

This kitchen area would go in the extension so they would have a 2x5 area free to zoom around. I already have a half loft over the other end where I put cubes and cushions of naptime.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That meets the minimum recommendation for four pigs -- a 2x6.

equinox96

Cavy Slave
So even if it's not strait, like only 5 in a row, that counts? yay!!!!

thanks again

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
yes, an L-shaped C&C counts. I had 4 females in a cage configured the exact same way and it worked well for them.

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I'm really excited now... I can hardly wait till Christmas now since that'll be the date that I'll be able to put mom and dad back together. I'll wait at the same time to add the other female as well. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.